Please read this privacy notice carefully because it contains important information about your rights in relation to information about you which we hold.
Who we are
Ipswich Central Conservative Club (the Club) collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. This means that we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of General Data Protection Regulation which applies to us accordingly.
The personal information we collect and use
In the course of running the Club, we collect and retain personal information when you provide it to us. This may include your name, address and other contact details, bank account details.
How we use your personal information
We process information about you:
- to administer you membership of the Club and your use of its facilities and to enable you to take part in its activities
- to comply with legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations and good practice
- to ensure business policies are adhered to (such as policies covering security and Internet use)
- for operational reasons, such as recording transactions, training and quality control
- for statistical analysis
- to prevent unauthorised access and modifications to systems
- to analyse purchasing preferences and improve services
- to communicate with you.
The legal bases for this processing are that: it is necessary to enable us to provide membership benefits, to comply with our legal obligations or to achieve legitimate purposes of the Club.
Who we share your personal information with
We may disclose and exchange information with the Association of Conservative Clubs and law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies [identify anyone else] for the above reasons.
We will not share your personal information with anybody else.
Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why
You must provide us with this information so that you can be a member of the Club.
How long your personal information will be kept
We will keep the information during your membership of the Club and for six years after it ends.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights, free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your personal information
- access to your personal information and other information which this Privacy Notice aims to give you
- require us to correct any mistakes in your personal information which we hold
- require the erasure of your personal information in certain situations
- receive personal information which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of your personal information for direct marketing
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
For more information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to the Club Secretary
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill); and
- let us know the information to which your request relates.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Cookies are small text files passed on from our website www.ipswichccc.co.uk to your device’s internet browser (a device being a PC, laptop, smartphone , ipad etc and an internet browser being Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera etc).
If you visit this website with cookies enabled in your browser we will assume you consent to the placing of our website cookies in your browser. If you do not consent to this, we kindly request you discontinue viewing the website and delete www.ipswichccc.co.uk cookies from your browser. If cookies are disabled in your browser, you can view our website cookie free but it, and other websites you visit may not function correctly.
How to complain
We hope that we will be able to resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information directly with you.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this privacy notice
We may change this privacy notice from time to time. This privacy notice was last updated on 10th October 2018.
How to contact us
Please contact the Club Secretary, if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you by sending an email to email@example.com , writing to the Club at St Stephen’s Church Lane, Ipswich, IP1 1DR or calling 01473 216013.
Do you need extra help?
If you would like this notice in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us.